Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week Three

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually reads these, but regardless I'll keep going. Last week I got a bit busy and never got around to posting a recipe, but seeing as how this week is Thanksgiving week I'm pretty much obligated to give you something. So here it is, my light pecan pie recipe. This pie can easily be translated to all natural of that's your thing. Just substitute natural sugar for sucralose and whole butter for the margarine. Speaking of all natural I stumbled on a real gem recently in Heidi Swanson's book and blog. If you are going to check out any new recipe sources this season I highly recommend her.


Low-Calorie Pecan Pie


1 Cup Honey
3 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Cup Sucralose
2 Tbsp Margarine, melted
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 1//4 Cup Pecans
1 9-Inch Pie Crust

In a small bowl stir together the honey, sucralose, eggs, margarine, and vanilla.

In a 9-inch pie pan lay out the crust, being sure to press it down into the edges.

Pour the mixture into the pie crust.

Top with pecans so that the entire top of the pie is covered.

Bake at 350 F for 50-55 minutes


Digg!

No comments: